What am I going to be recording?
Glean will record through your microphone. Glean will use whatever microphone is set as your default input device.
If you've got more than 1 microphone connected then access your system settings and make sure the correct one is set as your default ( see below)
- Click the Record button
- Choose Microphone from the menu that opens
Recording starts straight away and you'll see your timer start counting up (#1) and the audio bubbles appearing in your feed (#2):
If you don't see the bubbles appear then there might be an issue with your microphone; check that everything is set up properly using the steps below.
- Right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right of Windows
- Select Open Sound Settings
- Under Input, choose the correct input device (microphone)
- Open System Preferences
- Select Sound
- Switch to the Input Tab
- Pick the correct intput device (microphone)
- Make sure that the volume slider is turned up