Create a desktop shortcut for Glean
Installing Glean as a desktop app makes it even easier to access and use 🙌
Top benefits include:
- Keep Glean in its own window (as opposed to a browser tab), for the ultimate distraction-free experience. Great if you're easily distracted by cat videos or social media notifications!
- Launch with 1 click, direct from your desktop. Great when you're running late for that lecture 🏃.
- Maximise screen space for your notes! When you don't need the search bar or bookmarks taking up valuable space.
Adding Glean as an App
It takes just a few seconds to install Glean as a desktop app:
- Go to app.glean.co
- Click on the install icon in the address bar
- Select Install
- Glean will open in a new, dedicated browser window.
- A shortcut is installed on your desktop (Windows) or on Launchpad (Mac)
When you next want to use Glean, get going with a single click using the desktop shortcut 🙌
Tip: Pin your new Glean icon to your taskbar (Windows) or Dock (Mac) like you would with your other applications, for even quicker access.
Removing the App
To uninstall the desktop app:
- Go to: chrome://apps/ on Chrome, or edge://apps/ on Edge
- Right click on the Glean icon
- Select Remove from Chrome
- Launch your Glean desktop app
- Open the three dot menu in the very top right of your window
- Select Uninstall Glean
Important: At the final step, you will be given the option to clear data. DO NOT tick the check box unless you are confident that all your recent changes have been synced to the cloud. If you are unsure don't tick the box, just click the remove button and sign back into Glean in your browser.