Create a desktop shortcut for Glean
Installing Glean as a desktop app makes it even easier to access and use 🙌
Top benefits include:
- Launch with 1 click, direct from your desktop.
Great when you're running late for that lecture 🏃.
- Keep Glean in its own window (as opposed to a browser tab), for the ultimate distraction-free experience.
Great if you're easily distracted by cat videos or social media notifications!
- Maximise screen space for your notes!
When you don't need the search bar or bookmarks taking up valuable space.
Adding Glean as an App
It takes just a few seconds to install Glean as a desktop app:
- Go to app.glean.co
- Click on the install icon in the address bar
- Select Install
- Glean will open in a new, dedicated browser window.
- A shortcut is installed on your desktop (Windows) or on Launchpad (Mac)
When you next want to use Glean, get going with a single click using the desktop shortcut 🙌
Removing the App
To uninstall the desktop app:
- Go to: chrome://apps/ on Chrome, or edge://apps/ on Edge
- Right click on the Glean icon
- Select Remove from Chrome
- Launch your Glean desktop app
- Open the three dot menu in the very top right of your window
- Select Uninstall Glean