Get Organized with Collections
Use Collections to organize your Glean Events in a way that is meaningful to you.
You can create as many Collections as you like: you might set up a Collection for each class or semester, or use Collections to help manage your study and review process:
In this article:
Home tab vs. Collections tab
When you launch Glean, you'll see two different tabs in the sidebar on the left: "Home" and "Collections".
The Home tab shows all of your Events.
By default, Events are listed chronologically, with the most recent Event at the top.
The Collections tab lets you group and organize your Events any way you please.
Create your first Collection
Select the 'Collections' tab on the sidebar:
Click the 'New Collection' button:
- Your first Collection is created 🙌
Give your Collection a name:
- Just enter your name where you see "Add collection name..." at the top of your screen.
That's it! Your Collection is set up, and you're ready to start organizing your Events!
Create a new Event in a Collection
Glean makes keeping organized super simple, by allowing you to create a new Event within an existing Collection.
- From within a Collection: use the handy "New Event" button to create a new Event in that Collection.
- From the Collections tab: Click the round "+" button on any Collection to instantly create an Event within it:
Each Collection also displays the number of Events within it, for easy reference.
Add an existing Event to a Collection
Once you have created one or more Collections, you can add any existing Events you have to them.
To add an existing Event to a Collection:
- From the Home tab:
- You will see a new column on the 'Home' tab named 'Collection'
- Events not currently in any Collection will have a 'Add to Collection' option when hovered over or tabbed to:
- From the Home tab or within a Collection:
- Open the Event Options Menu (the three vertical dots) and select 'Add to Collection' or if the Event is already part of a collection then you'll see 'Change Collection'
- Simply select the Collection you wish to add your Event to.
Manage your Collections
Want to fine-tune your Event organization?
It's super easy to rename a Collection, just:
- Click to open your Collection.
- Then simply click your Collection name and you'll be able edit or overwrite it.
- Glean automatically saves your new Collection name, job done!
Overdone it with creating Collections? No problem.
Don't worry, deleting a collection does NOT delete the events within it.
To delete a Collection:
- Open the Collection.
- Click the three dots at the top right of the Collections tab.
- Select "Delete Collection".