Getting Webinars (eg Zoom) to open in your browser
Glean can record your audio direct from your webinar. To do this you will have to make sure that your meeting is open in a 2nd browser tab, rather than using their desktop application.
N.B. If you are a Windows user you can either follow the instructions below, OR follow the instructions on recording from desktop applications (Windows only)
If the system you are using is not listed here, let us know and we can update this article to include it!
Join a Zoom Meeting in a browser:
Zoom meetings are often set to launch using a desktop application (the 'Zoom desktop client') as default.
You can always force Zoom to open your meeting in your browser.
- Go to https://zoom.us/join
- Enter your Meeting ID
- Click Join
- When the prompt appears click 'Cancel':
- A new option should be available which says: Having issues with Zoom Client? Join from Your Browser."
- Click join from your browser.
The meeting organiser may have configured the session to default to use the Zoom desktop client. If this is the case:
(NB: you might need to repeat steps 3 and 4 - Click to Join and then cancel the prompt to launch the application)
👉 Find out more: Read the Zoom support article on joining a meeting: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting (jump to the 'Web Browser' section).
Join a GoToMeeting / GoToWebinar session in a browser:
When you are invited to a GoTo meeting or webinar, you will usually have a unique join link included in the invite.
Clicking the join URL will prompt you to download the GoToMeeting desktop app, or, if the desktop app is already installed on your computer, the session will be launched in the desktop app by default.
- Do not click the join URL.
- Instead, copy the 9 digit Meeting ID (or 'Access Code') which will be in the format 111-222-333.
- Go to https://app.gotomeeting.com.
- Enter the Meeting ID, then click the arrow key.
👉 Find out more: Read the Go To support article on joining options at: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/how-to-join-a-meeting-g2m030001
Join a Webex meeting in a browser with the Webex Web App:
When joining a Webex meeting, you will be prompted to download the Webex desktop app.
However, you should also see the option to Join from your browser:
- Click the green Join button in the Webex email invitation.
- At the bottom of the new browser window that opens, click Join from your browser:
👉 Find out more:
- Watch Webex's video on joining a meeting in a browser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l_W-iiGi_Q
- Read Webex's support article on using the Webex web app: https://help.webex.com/en-us/9eed9t/Get-Started-Joining-a-Meeting-Event-or-Training-Session-with-the-Webex-Web-App