Windows Screen Recording
This article is for Windows users only - if you're on Mac, Chromebook or Linux then check out this article: https://help.glean.co/article/170-mac-chromebooks-linux-screen-recording
On Windows you have the option to record the audio playing through your computer. You can record everything happening on your screen, or from a specific Chrome or Edge Tab.
Select your Recording Option:
- Click the Record button (Recording won't start immediately.)
- Select Screen Audio
If you want to capture what you are contributing then pick the option with '& Mic'
Tell Glean what you want to Record:
Once you've selected a Recording Option, a dialog will open:
- Select 'Chrome Tab' or 'Your Entire Screen' (If you're on Edge then you can choose 'Microsoft Edge Tab')
- Select the specific tab or screen where your audio, video, or live stream will be played.
(N.B. even if there is only one tab/screen listed, you have to click to select it!)
- Tick the 'Share audio' checkbox (bottom left).
- Click 'Share'
- Recording will begin immediately - Glean will capture any sound coming from the tab/screen you selected.
- Ensure the audio source is playing in your selected tab.
Take Your Notes:
- Navigate back to your Glean tab to start taking notes on the browser audio.
- Or try splitting your screen so you can see both Glean and your video or live stream side-by-side.
DON'T press STOP on this banner or Glean won't be able to record the audio for you.
- Take notes as you normally would 😃