Mac / Chromebooks / Linux Screen Recording
This article is for users on Mac, Chromebook or Linux. If you are a Windows user then check out this article: https://help.glean.co/article/169-windows-screen-recording
Important: You can only record the audio playing in a 2nd tab. The option to record from a specific application or your entire screen does not work, as your computer does not share those audio feeds.
Select your Recording Option:
- Click the Record button (Recording won't start immediately.)
- Select Screen Audio
If you want to capture what you are contributing then pick the option with '& Mic'
Tell Glean what you want to Record:
Once you've selected a Recording Option, a dialog will open:
- Select 'Chrome Tab'
( You cannot use the other options)
- Select the specific tab where your audio, video, or live stream will be played.
(N.B. even if there is only one tab listed, you have to click to select it!)
- Tick the 'Share audio' checkbox (bottom left).
- Click 'Share'
- Recording will begin immediately - Glean will capture any sound coming from the tab that you selected.
- Ensure the audio source is playing in your selected tab.
Pause Recording - Need to pause recording? Now you can. Just press the ⏸ button! Find out more here: https://help.glean.co/article/287-pause-recording
Take Your Notes:
- Navigate back to your Glean tab to start taking notes on the browser audio.
- Or try splitting your screen so you can see both Glean and your video or live stream side-by-side.
DON'T press STOP on this banner or Glean won't be able to record the audio for you.
- Take notes as you normally would 😃