What tools can you use alongside Glean?
With Glean running in your browser it allows you to use lots of different tools and applications to further enhance your Glean experience.
As well as our in-built integrations ( Bing Image Search, Wikipedia Definitions, Transcription) you can also use Chrome extensions and other applications alongside Glean.
Glean has also been optimised for accessibility; you can find out more here: https://help.glean.co/article/24-accessibility-and-glean
This is not an exhaustive list, there will be many other applications and extensions that you can use alongside Glean to support your studies. If you use something that we've not included then please let us know, so that we can share here. Please note that none of the ones that we have included are affiliated with us at Glean; these are simply some tools that we have found to be useful at the time of writing this article.
The extensions listed are all available for free, although some will have premium versions available.
- Visual Help - Extensions to improve how webpages appear on screen (Dark Mode, fonts etc)
- Note Taking Tools - Extensions to give you extra options when taking notes.
- Study Strategy Support - Extensions to help structure your studies and keep you on track.
(Windows, Mac, Chromebook, iOS and Android)
Whether you are using a computer or mobile device you will have access to loads of accessibility features built in to your operating system.
- Screen Readers (JAWS and NVDA)
- Other tools
* About third party links
- Please note that links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications are provided for your convenience only.
- Glean has no control over the content or availability of these sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of third party tools by Glean.
- Please advise us if you find any third party links to be broken or otherwise inappropriate.
Should you require support with using any third party tools, please contact the third party's own Support team, your institution's IT helpdesk, or your Glean account administrator for assistance.